Its that time of year to eat right and eat light- no more holidays or Super Bowl party excuses! The weather is gloomy and nasty outside so schedule that gym time in, eat these low-carb and low sugar recipes we will be posting here and get into beach body shape in no time!
This is my absolute favorite go-to recipe! If you love southwestern food as much as I do, you will love these yummy shrimp tacos! They are delicious, nutritious, low-carb, and this recipe is quick and easy while keeping things healthy.
You can use fresh shrimp, but I use wild-caught frozen shrimp most of the time. Frozen shrimp is less expensive, convenient, defrosts quickly and keeps great it in the freezer until you are ready to use them.
Cassava flour tortillas are my new favorite things. They are gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo. They’re perfect for these tacos!
First, rinse and pat the shrimp dry, transfer them to a mixing bowl, and toss with taco seasoning. If you don’t have taco seasoning on hand, make your own. Try using a mixture of chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. The combinations are limitless.
Next, make the “taco slaw”. I like to use fresh organic super greens that are chopped, then tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, hot sauce, and Himalayan salt.
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Toss shrimp with taco seasoning
- Cook the shrimp in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil until they are pink
- Siete tortillas are best heated in a little butter on a griddle set at medium to high heat for about 15 seconds per side. You can use a microwave, too.
- Fill the tortillas with shrimp, top generously with the slaw, favorite cheese, avocado, a good squeeze of lime juice, and any other desired toppings.