Photo editing can mean the difference between a good photograph and a great photograph and with the thousands of apps available, finding the ones that are right for you can be challenging. In this article, we show you the top 5 FREE apps with straightforward navigation that’s a great start for a beginner wanting to enhance their photos. There are a plethora of filters, graphics and editing solution available and our list below just barely scratches the surface.
One of the best FREE editing apps available! Easy to use, powerful editing tool, completely free to download and use. Excellent app for photo editing with precise control over color and exposure.
- Huge range of editing tools
- Exposure, color, and sharpening adjustments
- Crop, rotate, straighten, and perspective correction
- Selective adjustments, brushes, and healing tool
- Black and white, vintage, and texture filters
- Portrait enhancement, lens blur, and vignette
- Double exposure, frames, and text
You know when you are rocking the all-natural look, then someone takes your picture and you realize you look like you should be in bed with influenza? No problem!! With this virtual makeup app, MakeupPlus can give yourself a full virtual makeover – from lipstick, contour, and eyelashes, to brows and hair color, faux freckles and glitter. Find a look you love, right from your phone’s camera!
Layout lets you create one-of-a-kind layouts by remixing your own photos and sharing them with your friends. (see above) This is a basic app with minimal, simple features but it delivers on those features!
Layout’s smooth, intuitive process gives you complete creative control. Tap to mirror, flip or replace images, hold and drag to swap them, pinch to zoom in or out, or pull the handles to resize. You’re the editor, so get creative with the way you stitch things together—you can tell a story, show off an outfit or just splice, dice and change the look of your regular photos to convey a mood or theme.
* Remix up to 9 of your photos at a time to create fun, personalized layouts, and collages.
* Use the Faces tab to quickly find photos with people in them.
* Capture the moment in Photo Booth mode with quick, spontaneous shots.
* Save your layouts to your gallery and share them seamlessly to Instagram or other networks.
* Easily see the last 30 photos you’ve selected in the Recents tab.
* Pair your layouts and collages with Instagram’s filters and creative tools afterward to make them stand out even more.
* Download and start creating a layout or collage immediately. No signup or account required—and no clutter breaking up your flow.
Color Pop Effects
This is a fun editing app that is easy to use with so many possibilities for just one photo. The basic app is free and offers in-app purchases.
With Color Pop Effects, you are able to tell a story with images livening up any monochrome photo and adding a Color Splash Effect. Change your colored photo to black and white or recolor your picture and apply lots of amazing photo filters and effects to make the Color Splash Effect!
🔅 Gray out everyone in an image, except for you!
🔅 Recolor the sky green/yellow/rainbow or whatever! – Make your hair purple!
🔅 Colorize your eyes blue or green!
🔅 Add a splash of brightness to anything!
The Possibilities are endless, just embrace the splashes of your imagination!
Prisma is a photo editor application that transforms an image into an artistic effect. Upload pictures and select a variety of filters to transform the picture into paintings that really look hand-painted, with natural textures. It has never been so easy to create art! Using Prisma’s art filters you can make your photo look as if Picasso himself painted it for you!
So many apps and so little time!!