Limp hair but no time? Barnacles of dry skin on those feet after the long winter? Want to say bye-bye to back fat? We were recently featured on KHOU’s Great Day Houston hosted by Deborah Duncan and asked to discuss beauty tips and tricks. We crowdsourced our tribe and a few local pros to come up with a list of beauty hacks you can try at home that we have found produce results. We discussed several on the show which you can watch here and explore the full list below!
- Apply bronzer under your chin and down your neck to eliminate contrast to the face (Jentry Kelley pro tip). See our YouTube on proper color matching and application here, starting at minute 8:30.
- Use Castor or Vitamin E oil to condition eyelashes and brows.
- Splash cold water on your face 100 times at night to improve circulation, this according to our face yoga guru Alia. Read more about our face yoga experience on our blog here.
- Apply eyeliner and mascara on the top lashes only for a more youthful and refreshed look (Jentry Kelley pro tip).
- Use Tinkle razor blades to shape eyebrows and to microdermabrasion skin.
- Apply white eyeliner on the inside bottom rim for instantly brighter eyes.
- Use Baby Foot peel and exfoliant to get those feet sandals ready (pro tip: soak feet first!).
- Wear gel yoga toe separators for bunion relief or when your feet ache because you’ve been wearing heels too often. We like these.
- Use dry shampoo for 2nd day hair and for lift. We like Perfect Hair Day by Living proof.
- Find the right haircut with your stylist to compliment your features.
- Use hemp oil for hair to strengthen and promote healthy scalp and hair.
- Use the Kevin Murphy wide tooth comb in the shower after applying conditioner to help comb out tangles.
- Spray L’Oreal Magic Root or Ever Pro Gray Away on root grow-out to temporarily hide grow-out between salon visits.
- Wrap your wet hair in a microfiber wrap or turban after shampooing rather than rubbing with a towel to minimize frizz and breakage. We like this one.
- Wash and dry only your bangs when time is limited and your bangs are limp, dirty or screwy-looking.
- Use blush or loose powder applied with a makeup brush to camouflage bathing suit tan lines when wearing a strappy dress or top.
- Wear cold shoulder tops to show some skin but cover jiggly arms.
- Try dry-brushing towards the lymph nodes to promote circulation and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Read more about it on our blog here.
- Maintain good posture – it’s attractive and elongating.
- Apply Jergens self-tanner/lotion every day or two for a healthy glow; and remember to exfoliate fully once per week. We like these gloves for exfoliation.
- Put your arms thru the hanger strings of an off-the-shoulder top to keep it in place. Or if no strings, stitch elastic from armpit to armpit to keep off-the-shoulder tops in place (even when you raise your arms – it really works!). Another option uses 4 safety pins and 2 hair rubber bands – step-by-step instructions here.
- Wear tops and dresses that have ruching through the torso to camouflage muffin tops.
- Spray Sally Hansen Airbrush on legs for an even-toned tan look.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase to wake up with better 2nd day hair and fewer facial lines. We like these.
- Wear the Soma Vanishing Back or Spanx Bra-llelujah to minimize back fat.
We hope you picked up some useful beauty tips. What are your favorite beauty hacks? Share them with us in the comments below!